Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:38:40 AM(UTC)
gianluca

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I'm still evaluating the Multimedia SDK (v.15) and I'm trying to encode a video clip using the H264 video codec and the AAC audio codec. I wanted to generate an MPEG-4 file container (format) but apparently Lead does not support it. I am able to generate an AVI file with these two encoded streams, but it appears to play only in WindowsMediaPlayer, and not in QuickTimePlayer.  QuickTimePlayer can open the AVI file but then it can’t play the content (even though it can detect its duration) and it points me to some downloadable plug-ins to enable playback.
I know that QuickTimePlayer supports MPEG-4, H264 and AAC natively, so I’m wondering if you can help me find the problem.

Are these two Lead codecs compliant with QuickTime, iTunes and iPod/iPhone playback?
Are there any specific settings I need to use to make these generated audio/video streams compatible with QuickTime?
Is Lead going to support the MPEG-4 container format?

Thanks,
-Gianluca.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 12:38:31 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

LEADTOOLS supports ISO MP4 format. To generate MPEG4 files, try to convert the files to ISO MP4 format using the LEAD Audio AAC Encoder and LEAD video MPEG4 Encoder.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:49:58 AM(UTC)
prkchpxprss

Hello, I'm also trying to write .Net code to encode a series of JPEG images from disk to an ISO compliant MPEG4 file. This file must be able to be played on a Mac or Windows machine with Quicktime installed. I talked to a rep that said use the ILMMPEG4Encoder interface, but I have no idea how to utilize it. I see eOutputFormat, but I don't know how to integrate it so I can achive the desired mp4 file.

I have it working outputting to .avi.

Here is the code I'm using to specify the encoder (if that helps any)
ltmmConvert.VideoCompressors.Selection = ltmmConvert.VideoCompressors.Find("@device:sw:{33D9A760-90C8-11D0-BD43-00A0C911CE86}\LEAD MPEG4 Encoder (2.0)")

#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:44:24 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

In addition to the video compressor, you need to set the ltmmConvertCtrl.TargetFormat property to ltmmConvert_TargetFormat_ISO and set the audio compressor to "LEAD Audio AAC Encoder".

About using the encoder interface, please see the help topic "Access the Interface of Filters" and the GetSubObject method.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2008 10:16:46 AM(UTC)
prkchpxprss

Thank you, that resolved it.