Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:45:01 PM(UTC)
CaveMan2

Groups: Registered

Hello all:

Just purchased the ePrint 5 API and I see no examples for VB.NET. Any Chance you might have an example of capturing a printjob. I will need to do the following. Seems like I'm interacting with a process more than programming this. Setting values and then whatever goes through the print driver is handled as I dictate.

1. Programaticly generate a file name(done this already) just need to know how to set it in .NET example. Append to this file if it already exists.

2. Test to see if the print job is finished.

3. Display the print progress/error(Not enough HD space etc) and be able to resume(if ePrint can resume)

4. when print job is completed count the number of pages printed.

Thanks in advance
Caveman

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:31:55 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We do not have .Net examples
for ePrint API. However, it should be relatively easy to work with our COM objects in a .Net environment.

Our Visual Basic 6 demos can be
of help, even if you don't have VB6 now, because the general syntax and the way objects are used has many similarities with VB.NET

1- You can append the file to an existing file by
setting the SetPrinterConflictSolving method to SAVE_APPEND in the conflict solve parameter. This works with some file formats, but not with others.

2- and 4- You cannot test or count pages directly,
but you can handle ePrint events, which are triggered with each page and with
each job end. In the event handlers, you can do any processing or count the pages.

3- You cannot resume a print job if it fails, but you
can enable or disable the progress status dialog. To do that You can do that by
setting the HIDE_STATUS_DIALOG flag in the EpnUISettings.ShowOptions property, then calling the ePrint.SetPrinterUISettings method.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:38:02 AM(UTC)
CaveMan2

Groups: Registered

How do I add the ePrint 5 to my toolbox in VB.Net 2005. So far I have done the following.

1. Tried to right click the toolbox and selected Choose Items. selected COM componants but ePrint isn't listed. I tried using the LPEPC05N.dll as in the vb6 example but this doesn't work.

2. Right clicked my project in the solution browser and selected add referance, selected the COM tab and added LEAD ePrint COM Object Library (5.0)

Note: in the (View all files) in the solution browser I see the referance but I still have no Icon in the toolbox for me to drag to the forms.

Any Solution for this?
CaveMan

#4 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:43:27 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

This COM object is
not a visual ActiveX control. This means, with most programming environments,
you don't draw it on a form, but declare it as a variable in code. In VB, you
use the Dim statement and the "As New" keyword to declare it. This is
very similar to how our VB6 demo uses the object. Please take a look at that demo.