Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:59:30 PM(UTC)

raja-79  
raja-79

Groups: Registered

Dear all,

I'm need some help to determine which barcode that I should use for my project.

I'm still new in Barcode programming and I have a project that need me to write and read 2D barcode in Vb6 and I did not know which barcode is the best for my project. I have been given two types of 2D barcode which is DataMatrix and PDF417.

Can somebody out there help me. Thanks in advance.

Raja Mohd Hisham

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:07:14 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Our toolkits support both types of Barcode. You can find more details about this in the help files.
If you do not have the toolkit, please download the free evaluation version from our website. If you need help using the toolkit, please send us the details about the issues you are facing.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:17:11 PM(UTC)

raja-79  
raja-79

Hi Mr Adnan Ismail,

Thanks for your reply.

For your information, I'm currently using Leadtools 14.5 as my toolkit for my development project and VB as my development language. I'm using your toolkit for sometimes now.

Currently I have determine to use PDF417 as my development barcode but now I have a problem to adjust the size of the barcode. When I put a strings of text + numbers, it become bigger and larger. What I want is to make the barcode to resize a bit, at least longer, not larger. Can it be possible? If it possible, how can I resize it?

Sorry about the grammar. Thanks in advance.

#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:38:14 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Raja,

There are options in the toolkit to control the aspect ratio of written
PDF417 barcodes. These allow you to decide the ratio between width and height. Please see the help topic "PDFWrite property" in our Barcode help files

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:54:30 PM(UTC)

raja-79  
raja-79

Hi Mr Adnan Ismail;

Thank for the information, it really help a lot.

By the way, can this barcode work as annotation, can be move and delete? Because from the example given it seems that after I click OK on the Write Barcode Option the barcode is glued to the image file. Is there a possibe way to make it move?

Thanks in advance.

#6 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:14:57 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

The barcode write function writes barcode symbols over the bitmap and modifies the image pixel data (the barcode becomes a part of the image data). There is no way to draw the barcode over the bitmap without modifying the image data.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#7 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 6:21:04 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

I have created this sample demo for VB6 using our LEADTOOLS 14.5 OCX control.

This demo
will load an image, create a 2-D barcode image using 'PDF417', then create a stamp annotation that will let you move and resize the barcode.

You can
also burn the barcode image to the loaded image and save it to 'c:\BarCode.BMP'.

This demo requires LEADTOOLS document imaging toolkit in addition to the barcode plug-in.

Let me know if you face any problems.
File Attachment(s):
Barcode_Ann.zip (4kb) downloaded 33 time(s).

#8 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 5:09:39 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

I have
ported the sample demo above 'Barcode_Ann.zip' to LEADTOOLS v15 using C# .NET 2005.
This demo
will load an image, create a 2-D barcode image using 'PDF417', then create a stamp annotation that will let you move and resize the barcode.

You can also burn the barcode image to the loaded image and save it to 'c:\BarCode.tif'.

This demo requires LEADTOOLS document imaging toolkit in addition to the barcode plug-in
Let me know if you face any problems.

File name: BarCode_Annotation_v15_CS_2005.zip.
File size: 11.6 KB.

File Attachment(s):
BarCode_Annotation_v15_CS_2005.zip (12kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:05:32 AM(UTC)
elitejones

Surely all these brilliant ideas will be very helpful,good information.Thanks for the recommendation.

#10 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 2:49:16 AM(UTC)
elitejones

For more information, read the encyclopedia.
Thanks.

#11 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:02:26 AM(UTC)
villafan

Thanks for all the great info on printing barcode labels. I have been stuck in a rutt for some time trying to print my own, but after reading your comments I have finally managed to do it!!! Keep up the posting guys, because no doubt I will come across another problem.

Thanks again