Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:55:03 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

Groups: Registered

I added a task printer to do one simple thing: print to 4 printers at once.  The only problem is that it slighty changes the font and size.  By adjusting the DPI I've managed to get the font/size just about the same, but it's still a little different.  Can I adjust it so it doesn't change anything, without having to mess around with the DPI?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:15:26 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Does this mean that the font
and size for the 4 printers result is the same but different from the original document? Or each printer has a different result.

Also, what is the original file type that you are
trying to print? Can you send me the file here so that I can test with it? What
are the 4 printer's types that you are printing to? Are they physical or virtual printers?

#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:55:43 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

The 4 printers result in the same, but they are different than the original document.  The printers are all physical.  The file type is custom from a financial software package and you can't save it in any readable format(unless you have this software) so I can't really send you a file to print

#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:23:13 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Since you are unable to send me the file I want you to perform a couple of tests for me:

1- If you print the same document from the application that you are using to the ePrint5 workStation. Does the issue occur? Is the display in the workstation differs from the original document?

2- If you print from another application such as MS word to the Task printer you have created. Does the font of the doc page change?

#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:57:40 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

1 - Yes, it spreads out the text more and seems to change the font size.

2 - The same thing as above seems to happen here

#6 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:26:55 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

I want to make sure first that
you have the latest build of ePrint installed on your machine. Can you please download the latest setup from our web page at http://eprintdriver.com/about-ePrint.htm and run the setup in repair mode.

In your Task printer settings,
in the document options dialog. Can you check and margins settings and see
which printer is being emulated? Also, if you change the emulated printer to be "LEADTOOLS ePrint5 WorkStation" does the behavior change?

Also, Print from your application to the physical printer directly. Does the fonts change?

#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:29:11 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

I re-installed the program as you said.  I was emulating our office printer, I tried emulating the "LEADTOOLS ePrint5 WorkStation" and all of the results were the same as before(different than the physical printer directly).  The paper size is set to Letter under the documents option but it doesn't allow me to modify the margins.  However, the margins seem to be correct by just comparing them to the original. 

#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:38:27 PM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

I had a little discussion with our engineers regarding the issue and they asked if the issue could be tested here, and asked for the following information (Please bear with me if some of the points here may seem redundant):

1-Is it possible to send me the following files?

-A vector EMF file printed from MS word to ePrint5. Simply open a word document that has it font's changes when printing to ePrint and convert (print) to ePrint5 to produce a vector EMF file.

-Print the same Word document directly to the physical printer and scan the result. I want the scanned images that did not pass through our printer.

-Print the MS word document from above to your Task printer that routes to a physical printer and send me this scanned result (If you could send the result form the 4 printers that would be great).

-The original word document.

2-Can you please tell me the names of the 4 printers that you have? I want this information as we might be able to get thier drivers and emulate the print job that you are having?

3-Which font does this behavior happen on? Or does it happen on all fonts that you have tried?

#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:25:05 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

Attached is the vector file

#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

Oops...I'm not sure how to attach something to a post, it didn't seem to work.  Could I email them to you?  Also, could I fax the physical documents, we don't have a scanner here in the office?

#11 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:17:10 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

I recommend that you add your attachments to a ZIP or RAR file prior to sending them.

If you still face issues attaching files, you can send the files to our support department at support@leadtools.com. Please mention this forum post in your email to support.

You can send a fax to our support department using
this number 704-372-8116. Please write "attention forum post 16589" on the fax so that I get the files.

#12 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:35:18 AM(UTC)
cygnus.tech

I sent the requested files via email and fax.  In response to your questions, all of our printers are the following model: Xerox Phaser 5500N PS, and this happens on every font we use.  Thanks for the help!

#13 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:26:36 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

After discussing the issue with our engineers they have suggested this:

1-Make sure the DPI- that you create your Task Printer to print with- is the same or equal the DPI for the physical printer(The higher the bette+r)
2-Make sure that the emulated printer is the Physical printer being printed to. I know I have previously suggested that you emulate ePrint WorkStation but please make sure you change this.
3-Make sure that the paper size match for both the Task Printer and printer when you create the Task printer. So if the physical printer prints for A4 papers for example, change your ePrint task printer accordingly.

All the changes from above are done to the task printer, so I suggest that you try with a newly created task printer and make the necessary modification to it.

If any of the steps suggestion appears vague please let me know and I will explain more. If the issue still persists, let me know and I may report this to our engineers.