Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:38:20 AM(UTC)

catai  
catai

Groups: Registered

We ae using Leadtools 14.5 + JPEG2000 , we are not able to convert BMP files bigger than 450 MBytes to JP2. An unhandled exception rises (an error) in a Leadtools DLL. What is the reason for this?   

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:26:18 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello,

I noticed you also sent in a separate email.  In that you mentioned they were larger than 2GB, or that some were?  Our SDK should be able to handle large files, provided there is enough memory.  I was able to compress a 1.1GB BMP file to a J2K on our test machine, which has 1GB of RAM.  512MB of RAM may not be enough, especially if the BMP has many different colors.  What are your system specs?

#3 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:03:08 PM(UTC)

catai  
catai

Hello,
Our Images are greater than 500Mb, a usual size frequently is over 2 GB. We are trying to compress images in a 3.4GHz Dual-Core Pentium, 4 GB RAM, Windows 2003 SP2, 8 Gb Virtual memory. BMP's are 24-bits. Using Leadtools V14.x (what we purchased), is not possible to handle images > 2GB. Using Leadtools V15 (Demo), for files greater than 3.7 GB, there is an error that says there is no enough memory.

#4 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 5:32:41 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello,

The virtual memory should be enough, in addition to the 4gb RAM, to be able to handle files around 4gb.  There could possibly be some memory overhead in loading a file into memory that prevents it from being loaded.  Memory issues are a little complex to handle since the OS's memory management could be restricting it.  Do you have any 64-bit machines to test on?  For that you will have to rebuild your app for the x64 platform and reference the x64 versions of our dlls.  If not, are you willing to upload a sample image to our ftp server?  You can send an email to support@leadtools.com and mention this post, and I'll reply back with the ftp instructions if it's a feasible option for you.  We have 64-bit machines here, so I can see if it is any different here.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:15:44 AM(UTC)

catai  
catai

Hi,

I am going to do a test in a 64-bits environment for both, Leadtools V14 and V15, and I will be writing you as soon as possible.

#6 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:06:14 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Ok, I'll be waiting for your reply.