Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 9:47:17 PM(UTC)

sara  
sara

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am here again. I have tried to run an example but I can't. I have Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 and I want to run it for PocketPC. I open the example : "Examples\WinCE4\PocketPC2003\MAINDEMO". I compile it and there is no problem but I can't run it because there is an error. It suggest that there is anything wrong with the executable path.

I have read "Getting Started With Examples" but it is for .NET 2003 and I don't know if the instructions will be the same in my case. So, which dll's I have to copy in my device for the example?

Thank you

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:39:00 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The example shouldn't be much different if at all for your IDE.  The code should be the same and the DLLs you need will be the same.  The only thing you could expect to be different are things specific to the IDE such as menu selections, wizards, etc.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:24:53 PM(UTC)

sara  
sara

Thank you very much for your help.I follow the instructions given in the help for running examples but I can't run any of them. If I try to run it from the PDA I get the error: " 'Maindemo' is not a valid Pocket PC application". And when I try to run it from inside embedded Visual C++ 4.0 I get "Bad executable format, Win32 error code:193". I don't known how to solve it. I need to run an example in C++ in order to migrate my appliaction to the PDA.

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:07:47 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Make sure that you are copying the LEADTOOLS dlls necessary for that application to the emulator.  It would probably be easiest to copy them to the application directory.  If you are wanting to test the functionality, I would just copy all of the dlls from the Redist\WinCE\PocketPC2003\emulatorRel\ directory to the application directory on the emulator.

#5 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:00:06 PM(UTC)

sara  
sara

Hello

I have copied all the dlls from the directory "Redist\WinCE\PocketPC2003\emulatorRel" in the PDA and I also copied the library "leadtools.CF.dll" just in case. But it doesn't work. This is the first time I work with mobile devices so I don't have experience. I copied the libraries through the explorer in  the same place where the executable appeared (it is not inside "My Device\Program Files\Leadtools " as it is pointed out in the help, I don't have any application directory ¿is it a problem?).

I am trying to run it in the device but you are talking about the emulator... Are there any differences between running the application in the device or using the emulator? How can I copy the libraries to the emulator?

I hope you can help me because I am confused. Thank you very much for your time

#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:36:04 PM(UTC)

sara  
sara

Hello again,

I think that the libraries aren't the problem because I get the error "Bad executable format". If there was a problem with the libraries the error will be "error with (xxxx).dll", isn't it?

I was sailing the Internet and I have a question ¿is it necessary to register the libraries using "regsvrce.exe"?

Thanks

#7 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 6:57:21 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

"Application directory" means wherever your EXE is located.  Are you trying to run the applicatoin through the eVC debugger or just running it on the device?  I've run into problems running an application in debug mode, but once I actually use the device it will work.

The emulator shouldn't be any different as long as everything is up to date.  Check with Microsoft and your device manufacturer to make sure the OS and all of the devices necessary files are up to date.  Similarly, make sure that your development machine's OS is up to date with Windows Updates, service packs, and also that eVC is up to date with all service packs and that your emulators and SDKs (such as CE 5.0 and Pocket PC 2003) are up to date.

You can copy files to the emulator with eVC's emulator file browser located at Tools -> Remote File Viewer.  make sure you always save the state of the emulator so you don't have to do this every time you try to run an application on the emulator.

You do not have to register any dlls.  Just make sure they are in the application directory.

#8 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:02:08 AM(UTC)

sara  
sara

Thank you very much for your help and your patience. I managed to run the examples at last! I was copying the wrong dlls. Instead of using the dlls in "..\Redist\WinCE\PocketPC2003\ARMV4Rel" I was using the ones in "..\Redist\WinCE\PocketPC2003\emulatorRel".

Now I have to migrate the application and try to find some functions.... but I have already the starting point.