Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:17:08 PM(UTC)
djohnson

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I just recently began evaluating LeadTools Multimedia and I am trying to determine if it is capable of displaying (or at least provide the data so that I can generate) a waveform representation (audio amplitude graph) of the audio portion of the media file loaded in the control.

I have ran through the documentation and forums and dont see the question addressed with a difinitive answer.

can you explain how this could be done in a C# .Net app so that I may have some direction to start with?

Thanks in advance,
David Johnson

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 11:56:37 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

David,

One way
to do that is to use our LEAD Audio VU Meter Filter to repeatedly get left and right audio level values.
Another
way is to use our LEAD Audio Callback Filter, which returns all the values of audio samples that pass through it in a user-defined callback.

#3 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 12:35:37 PM(UTC)
jkottler

Could you please post some example of using the VU meters in csharp with MM SDK 15? I can add the VU Meter to the AudioProcessors, but I can't seem to find the interface that lets me query it for levels, nor can I find the user interface dialog that's supposed to go with it!

Edit: For that matter, can you show examples of how to programmatically add and configure LEAD filters? I'd like to let my users control a "recording gain" control that's really a Volume filter inserted automatically.

#4 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:57:02 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

If you
want to programmatically work with our filters and access their interfaces, please see the following help topics:

- Programmatically Inserting a Processor Filter
- Access a Filter Interface

In addition to these two help topics, please check the LEADTOOLS Multimedia Filters help file and read help topic (ILMAVUMeter Interface).

#5 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 3:41:52 PM(UTC)
djohnson

thank you, but the main problem with this is that the filter only retrieves the data during playback.

my desired scenario is to provide a waveform representation before the audio is played.

any ideas?

#6 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 5:17:45 AM(UTC)
jkottler

Edit: OK. Got it.
I can post the answer for inserting / displaying the UI dialog for filters in another thread to keep from cluttering up this one. This started on topic with similar questions about VU / volume filters, but has diverged.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:04:03 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

If you
want to draw a wave that represents the actual data, you must parse the data first.

If you
don't want to do that in an ltmmPlay control, you can do it in an ltmmConvert
control. Since you don't want to convert the source file to something else, you
can simply tell Windows to throw away the conversion result by setting it like this:

ltmmConvertCtrl1.TargetFile = "nul"
The "nul" is a Windows dummy device that discards any data sent to it.

#8 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:12:05 PM(UTC)
djohnson

that works perfect.
thanks for the help!