Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2007 6:41:23 AM(UTC)
Nephilim2612

Groups: Registered

Hello,
<br><br>

I have a question about something i've not been able to find any information about through the forums and over the internet.

<br><br>

When using LeadTools ePrint (Terminal Server version) in order to convert files - through task printers -, how do the COM component process them?. I have thought about two things but don't know which of them -if anyone- is right:

<br><br>

1) Even if you create more than one Task printer that makes the same job (i.e, convert PDF to TIF), if you send two files simultaneously, one to each task printer, in the reality, the two jobs are processed sequentially, but never in parallel. On the other side, jobs for different "goal" Task Printers are processed in parallel (i.e, if you send a file to a Task Printer that converts PDF to TIF and, at the same time, you do the same with another file to another Task printer that makes the DOC->PDF way).

<br><br>

2)No matter if the "destination" format the jobs you're trying to process simultaneously is the same or different, jobs are processed in parallel.

<br><br>

The information that, finally, i want to get is what degree of "parallel capabilities" this product has. If having multiple task printers with the same conversion settings allow to an external application using the COM component parallel process and, if the answer to that is "no", if there is a way to do this.

<br><br>

I would like an explanation from anyone from the LeadTools staff, due this is very important to know that for the project i'm working to.

<br><br>

Lots of thanks in advance,

<br><br>

Jesús

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:00:01 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

The only type of parallel processing currently supported by ePrint TS, is the ability to handle different print jobs that are sent by different Terminal Client sessions simultaneously.

If you try to send multiple jobs at the same time from the same client connection (or from the same console), it will not work.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:24:25 PM(UTC)
Nephilim2612

Thank you for the explation. Just one more question:

"Handle different jobs from different clients" means "just handle" and enqueuing them por processing or effectively processing them in parallel??

Lots of thanks again

#4 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 7:18:12 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Terminal services handles this, so it is parallel when you have two different users trying to use eprint at the same time.

#5 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:12:27 PM(UTC)
Nephilim2612

Are you meaning "Windows Users"?

So, with TS, parallel process occurs with printer jobs sent by different Windows users, isn't thus? For the same Windows user, all his/her job prints are enqueued?

Is TS managing a queue for each Windows user? have i understood it right?

Sorry, but we are being asked for a detailed explanation. Lots of thanks in advance again.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:34:36 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Yes, I mean "Windows Users".  Each user has their own queue.  Therefore if two users are printing at the same time, there are two different queues running parallel.