Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:14:41 AM(UTC)

yardman  
yardman

Groups: Registered

I am working with c# windows forms app and cannot the initialize the LTDVDBurnerClass on a non-development machine unless I install the LeadTools SDK.

When I call the LTDVDBurnerClass's constructor, I get the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {E2B7DE10-38C5-11D5-91F6-00104BDB8FF9} failed due to the following error: 80004005

I included the redistributable files in the install program (DSKernel2.dll and LTMM15.DLL), and I am registering the Lead dll's in the system folder. Also, I checked dependency on LTDVDBRN2.dll (and all the other dll's in the package) for missing files, but everything seems to be in place. The target platform is set to x86.

What am I missing?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:28:02 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The help file should explain which redistributables you need in the article "Multimedia Files You must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)".  Additionally you can test and see which DLLs are being loaded by your application at any time by using Process Explorer.  This is a free program that is available from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx.  Use this program and see what DLLs load on your development machine and then see what is missing from your deployment machine.

Make sure that you are also registering all of the filters, codecs, and COM objects you are deploying.

#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:05:16 PM(UTC)

yardman  
yardman

Groups: Registered

Process Explorer was a good tip, but didn't have the granularity I needed. I ended up using filemon.exe instead. It not only tells you what is missing, but where the application thinks the file should be located. I was able to run it on both machines and compare the logs. Very tedious, but it got the job done.

Thanks,
yardman