Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 4:51:06 AM(UTC)

MatTeo  
MatTeo

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to save a live stream from a webcam into OGG format with LEAD Ogg Multiplexer filter.
I'm able to save the stream, but when I try to playback, it plays too fast (source is at 15 fps, playback reach 75 fps).
I'm using Graphedit to save the stream and to playback. I tried even with some video codec between live source and OGG muxer, and I tried to change live sources with a RTP source, with the same result. I've no audio stream,only video.
If in playback graph I use a Lead Video Frame Rate Controller filter, all is ok.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Matteo

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:41:59 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Matteo,

I could not reproduce this issue. I tested using DaDa_CMP.avi video file that is shipped with the toolkit and convert it to .OGG file.

Can you try the same thing and see if it generates the problem?

#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:01:00 AM(UTC)

MatTeo  
MatTeo

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply!

With video files, there are no problems.
Problem arise (sometime) when you connect a live capture source filter (like a webcam, a logitech webcam in my test) and try to save its output to OGG file.
After some test, I noticed that if I save stream directly (capture source graph -> OGG MUX -> File writer), when I playback it runs as fast as it can, like there is no timestamp in the stream, but this behaviour it's not the same with all kind of sources.
Behaviour can change if you use some codec between capture source and OGG muxer.
I finally think that in some case, with some codec, timestamp information are lost and timestamp aren't written to file, so when I playback file, video renderer doesn't find timestamp information and playback it as fast as it can.
Other ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Matteo

#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 7:30:52 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Matteo,

I have tried your steps using LEAD Screen Capture 2.0 as a live capture source filter. I was able to save .OGG video file that plays with no problems. Can you try to perform your test using LEAD Screen Capture 2.0 filter to create a small .OGG video file that shows this problem.

If the problem appeared using the LEAD Screen Capture filter, please send me the .OGG video in a ZIP or RAR file. You can also email the file to support@leadtools.com.