Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:40:15 PM(UTC)

Ed S  
Ed S

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

(using C# and LT 15) How can I use the C# API to iterate through the annotations and identify the type of annotations (with attributes) so I can then store that information in a DB? I will then use the DB to search across all documents to say something like "show me all documents that have redactions in black".

I am currently storing my annotations on the filesystem in .ann files - I am simply adding the DB feature, I do not have the flexibility to change the .ann storage mechanism (i.e. I don't have the flexibility at this time to store the annotations in the DB as XML in an XML column type and perform an XPath query against that column - that would be too simple).

Thanks in advance,
--Ed

P.S. I've gotten as far as loading the annotations (per page) and doing a foreach over the container objects. Everything is an AnnRectangleObject. Am I going down the wrong road - does anyone have any suggestions?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:17:46 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Ed,
The help topic for AnnObject Class contains this code snippet:
foreach(AnnObject obj in container.Objects)
{
   string s =
string.Format("Type: {0}, Name: {1}, Hyperlink: {2}", obj.GetType().Name, obj.Name, obj.Hyperlink);
   MessageBox.Show(s);
}
If you already tried something like this and it didn't work, please create a small test project (not your full application in a ZIP or a RAR file.
You can also send it to support@leadtools.com

#3 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 9:55:25 AM(UTC)

Ed S  
Ed S

Groups: Registered

that did it.

Thanks,
--Ed