Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:33:27 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

Groups: Registered

Hi ALL,

I am interested in the product LeadTool v15.

Is there any performance review on it?

what is the perferrable hardware/software for the optimized performance of LeadTool?

Is there any performance difference among different programming language such as VB6 and .Net when use LeadTool?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:05:55 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We have not published
performance figures for the toolkit, and I don't know if anybody else has done such a reveiw.

There is no proffered hardware
or software. LEADTOOLS uses Windows resources, so the faster your Windows PC the better.

Until now, LEADTOOLS 15 does not have ActiveX or COM objects for use with VB6.

In general, programming with
Windows DLL API functions (for example using the C language) usually gives slightly faster performance than using native .NET.

This is true for LEADTOOLS and for any other SDK.

#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:09:09 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

Thank for your reply.

We are planning to develop application using the LeadTool Mulitimedia SDK and the SDK under evaluation now. Grateful if anyone can provide these performance figures. Any suggested capture card/ display card that would favour the performance?

In addition, we would like to know the basic hardware requirement of using LeadTool when it is deployed to client workstation. The hardware may need to be upgraded if necessary.

#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:54:47 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

i am a dummy on programming. May i know is there any managed .NET dll of LeadTool Multimedia SDK?

Where can i find more API document/ tutorial on how to use the multimedai SDK using .NET environment?

#5 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 9:22:26 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

We don't include minimum hardware requirements or suggested hardware because these are developer tools.  One application will be different from another, so one implementation of our tools could need twice as much memory than another depending on how the developer used our tools.  Therefore it is the responsibility of the developer to do these tests and suggested hardware.

As for the .NET dlls, we do not have any managed DLLs.  The multimedia toolkit is a collection of COM objects, so you will use them just like any other COM objec.  There are a couple .NET sample projects in the Examples directory, but the help files do not have any .NET sample code.  It shouldn't be too difficult to convert the VB examples to VB.NET or C#.