Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2006 10:00:33 PM(UTC)
usmanqadri

Groups: Registered

I am using Vector Activx Control in .NET 2.0 and I have a problem when loading a raster image as a vector object in a layer of a vector image. The problem is of type expected by the LEADVectorObject for bitmap property is of type int.

Can anyone tell me a way to load an image and assign the bitmap to this property.

Waiting for reply

Usman Qadri.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 8:39:19 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Usman,
The Bitmap property must be assigned a Bitmap property from one of 2 types of controls:
1. Either from a LEAD Main OCX control.
2. Or from a LEADRaster COM object.

Each of these objects has a Bitmap property and it is also of type Long. This is documented in the main OCX help file.

To load a bitmap into a Main OCX, use its Load method. To load it into a LEADRaster COM object, use the Load method of the LEADRasterIO object. This is documented in the Main Raster COM help file.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 10:38:34 PM(UTC)
usmanqadri

Thanks for your help I was able to load the bitmap using the MAIN OCX control in C# .NET.

#4 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2007 9:13:19 PM(UTC)
Andrew Polden

Hi

I have a Delphi project using the VCL raster control, is it possible to load a bitmap into an OCX vector object from this control? I assume such a method would be via the COM objects.

My project displays a vector overlay on a raster image currently using the render function. This works fine however users need to be able to manipulate the overlay, and this means frequent bitmap swapping and calls to the render function. I was hoping to gain an improvement in efficiency by loading the bitmap into the raster control whenever it changes (less frequently) and use the vector control for displaying on the user interface.

I don't want to re-write the project to use the COM objects instead of VCL.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

#5 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:13:47 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You need to create an OCX vector object that supports raster images (such as VECTOR_RASTER object), and then assign the Main VCL raster control OCXBitmap property to the VectRasObject.Bitmap property as follows:
+----------------------+
VectRasObject.Bitmap := LeadImage1.OCXBitmap ;
+----------------------+

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support