Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2007 1:16:36 PM(UTC)
dhoehnle

Groups: Registered

I am looking for a method to save the information in a .ann file to a database instead of a file as there are many occaisions where we require different annotations for the same document depending on the end use requirements of the document. It would also improve application perf across the network, decrease disk footprint, improve security through the web interface, etc. The strategy I am looking at is saving annotations as xml to memory then writing the file stream to a database feild in a blob. Reconstituting the file would then require, loading the xml into a file in memory and using L_AnnLoadMemory to pull the annoations back out for use. To do this I will need to upgrade to 14.5 at least. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this that I may have missed? I keep seeing references to VB data binding and databases ind the documentation but no detail.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:27:48 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Like you found out you can save the annotation object to
memory using the L_AnnSaveMemory function. The function itself existed in previous versions of LEADTOOLS, but saving XML format  was only added in LEADTOOLS v14.5.

This means if you can use formats other than XML, you don't necessarily need to upgrade to v14.5.

If you want the XML format and don't have LEADTOOLS
14.5 or 15, you can download the free evaluation edition from our site and try it.