Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:20:43 AM(UTC)

Jijeesh  
Jijeesh

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have downloaded and trying .NET features of LeadTool 15. I have a doubt in the same as given below:

I want to scan and upload image from an asp.net web page. I saw some ActiveX support for the same in previous versions of LeadTool. My question is, is there any library/component to do the same “Scan and upload” in .NET?

Thank You,
Jijeesh

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2006 12:07:02 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Our COM/ActiveX components that perform this functionality only exist in previous versions. They are still available in LEADTOOLS 14.5.For more information, please refer to the LEADTOOLS 14.5 web page:
http://www.leadtools.com/home2/general/activex-com-vcl-info.htm

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:41:37 AM(UTC)

wizdave  
wizdave

You can also create an ActiveX user control in .NET and use LEADTOOLS v15. If you go this your users will need to have the .NET Framework and will need to give FullTrust permission to .NET controls running on your site (Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> .NET Framework Configuration).

Here's an article about how to write an ActiveX control in .NET: http://www.c-sharpcorner...3/March/ActiveXInNet.asp

#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:51:17 AM(UTC)

pappsy  
pappsy

I tried to create a user control like in your example wizdave. I was able to duplicate the simple web control but when I tried to use the twain library to create a twain session and then acquire and image from a button click the whole thing would not load. You get the image icon instead of the user control. I set the site up as a trusted site and then gave .NET full trust to trusted sites.

Can someone place some example of a user control with a single button that will acquire and image on button click?

#5 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:19:12 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We have our own COM objects in LEADTOOLS 14.5 that include Twain functionality, and can be used in a Web application.

If you want to create your own COM/OCX controls, please keep 2 things in mind:
1. You cannot use such controls as part of toolkit for programmers, since the LEADTOOLS license agreement prohibits this.
2. Twain functions always need a valid window handle
internally. When using our .NET Twain classes, this is obtained internally
through a Win Form. If you don't have a Win Form, I don't know if there's a way to do it with .NET.

I'm attaching a sample web page that uses our Twain
COM object with our Raster COM objects to perform Twain scanning and other processing.

File Attachment(s):
VbScriptTwain.zip (5kb) downloaded 24 time(s).