Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:42:41 AM(UTC)

Dnx  
Dnx

Groups: Registered

Hi,

i store j2k files into base64 in my database and to retrieve picture, i decode base64 to byte array
and i don't know how to process that byte array server-side to display picture in a simple image control

because my goal is to create a gridview with an image control into each row.  so i have to process picture server side to display into an image control

admin question : we bought the leadtools v13, how much will cost the update or will we have to buy the full V15? (answer this question on my email adress if you want)

kind regards.  

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2007 4:09:19 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

If you have a valid J2K image in a memory buffer or stream, you can load it into LEADTOOLS using one of the memory or stream loading functions (depends on your programming interface). After that, you can save it either to disk or to another memory buffer or stream in a format that's supported by the image viewer.

About the upgrade price, please send your serial number(s) to sales@leadtools.com in an email message, because the upgrade price depends on the product(s) you own.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2007 1:11:31 AM(UTC)

Dnx  
Dnx

Groups: Registered

Hi, that was my question, i don't know how to use the component in asp.net server side (vb.net)

hte j2k files are valid because the leadtools 13 displays picture in the activeX
but the lead15 has classes that i can use server-side, but documentation doesn't show any example to display J2K into an image control

if you have a sample code, can you help me?

to be clear, i have a base64 string that i decode into byte array and/or stream and after this step, i don't how to use lead15 .net classes to use that byte array or stream to generate bitmap or image to be displayed into an image control

regards  

#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 10:49:34 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You can do this by using any .load method to load the J2K image on a RasterImage control.
But you will not be able to show the image on the viewer. You will be able to load the J2K image on a RasterImage control and then (if you wish) convert it to a System.Drawing.Image control as follows:
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
Imports Leadtools
Imports Leadtools.Codecs
Imports System.IO
Partial Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Dim MyImage As RasterImage
Dim Codecs As RasterCodecs

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

RasterCodecs.Startup()
        Codecs = New RasterCodecs()
        Dim fname As String = "C:\Image.J2k"
        Dim fs As FileStream
        fs = New FileStream(fname, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
        Dim bytes(fs.Length) As Byte
        fs.Read(bytes, 0, fs.Length)
        Dim ms As MemoryStream
        ms = New MemoryStream()
        ms.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length)
        ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin)

MyImage = Codecs.Load(ms)
        Dim SysImage As System.Drawing.Image
        SysImage = MyImage.CreateGdiPlusGraphics().Image
        RasterCodecs.Shutdown()
End Sub

End Class