Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 10:32:05 AM(UTC)

suppyzw  
suppyzw

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone

I have to impliment a new barcode system in a warehouse. Meaning i have to replace pre-existing sacnners and the middleware that feeds into a SQL database.

The Wifi coverage within the warehouse, is not a problem. The warehouse uses High Gain antennas at 2.4GHz on the 802.11b standard from a number of Acess Points. These AP's operate on a Ethernet based network with TCP/IP as the communication standard

The scanner that is being used at the moment is a Handheld 802.11b complient scanner. The string collected feeds into a RF simlicity software with a VB add-on , with custom coding used to send the string collected to a SQL database Via ODBC.

I want to replicate te same process but with new hardware and software.I really need direction in terms of, what i should be looking for on the mobile wifi scanner side of things. And what possible software options i can have as middleware to provide that ODBC connectivity. If anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2007 1:26:14 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you intend to create a Windows application that performs
barcode reading (recognition) and/or writing, our LEADTOOLS Barcode module can help you with that part. For more information, see the following page:

http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Document/Document-Addon-Barcode.htm