Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2007 9:19:40 PM(UTC)

sunit  
sunit

Groups: Registered

hi
I m using L_TwainAcquireMulti to scan multiple images from a  scanner but this API is returning
a value ERROR_DOCUMENT_NOT_ENABLED    ie Document capability is required to use this function  I am not understanding which capabilty should be negogiated after L_TwainStartCapsNeg to use this API. Pls help me

Thanx in advance

Sunit

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 10:29:09 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Sunit,
This indicates to me that you are attempting to use
functionality that requires the Document/Medical suite enable and you haven't enabled it.

If you do own a Document toolkit, you need to unlock Document support before using Fast TWAIN functions.
If you don't have a LEADTOOLS Document Imaging toolkit, you
can still use Twain, but you will have to use the L_TwainAcquire function instead.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 2:34:40 AM(UTC)

sunit  
sunit

Adnan Ismail
Thanx for the reply.Yes I have
Document
toolkit , I unlock the Document Support using Lead Tool API
L_UnlockSupport (L_SUPPORT_DOCUMENT, L_KEY_DOCUMENT);.Its working.I
have another query ,which Functions are catogorized under Fast Twain Functions.

Thanx again for the reply

Sunit

#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 10:36:01 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Please take a look at the API help file article entitled "Fast TWAIN (Scan Configurations)".  This will explain the functionality of Fast TWAIN and lists the associated functions.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 11:07:59 PM(UTC)

sunit  
sunit

Greg Ross
Thanx a lot.I have a sheet on which two images are drawn.I want to scan both the images and store them in two different files
.I tried with L_TwainAcquireMulti as its one of  its parameter is bMultiPageFile    ( which is Flag that indicates whether to save multiple images into a single multi-page file, or into a series of single page files ),set to FALSE .but it is not working.I feel this flag is used to stored images when more than one document / sheet is scanned(supplied by a feeder) to a single file (viz TIFF).Pls help me

Thanx a lot

Sunit

#6 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 4:58:07 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

If I am understanding your correctly, you have TWO images on ONE sheet of paper correct?  If that is the case, then L_TwainAcquireMulti will not be able to split the scan-job into two different images.  The bMultiPageFile property only has an affect when you are scanning more than one sheet in one call to L_TwainAcquireMulti.

If you need to split the image in half, you will need to call L_TwainAcquire and get the image that comes in through the Acquire event/callback.  Then you will need to call L_InitBitmap to create a new blank image.  Then you can call L_CombineBitmap to copy/paste one half of the image to the new image you created with L_InitBitmap.  Then you will need to repeat the process for the other half of the image.

#7 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 8:12:21 PM(UTC)

sunit  
sunit

GregR,
Thanx a lot for ur reply.