Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 2:45:59 AM(UTC)

jaideep  
jaideep

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I am new to LeadTools, came across the LEADTOOLS Barcode API. Just wondering as to how to implement a Barcode Reader Application using it. If any one has any document detailing the approach step by step, please share the same.

TIA.
Jai

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 10:56:30 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The toolkit should come with some sample applications and projects which you can view and change the source code on.  These will cover most of the functionality of the toolkit.  Take a look at the start menu for direct links to precompiled demos and also to their projects.  All of the projects are located in the [LEADTOOLS installation]\Examples directory.

Additionally, the help file should have some sample code to help you get started.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 9:19:50 PM(UTC)

jaideep  
jaideep

Hi,
Thanks for your inputs. I will surely look into the demos and projects which comes along with the installation. Just a quick question, does LEADTOOLS Barcode API supports only .NET (VB or CS) framework for building an application?  We wanted to use VB (Not .NET) for using the API.

TIA.
Jai

#4 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2007 10:20:37 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Natively, our v15 Barcode toolkit is for C++, VB.NET and C#.  You CAN use VB 6, but you will have to declare all of the API functions and structures you need.  This would be done the same way that you declare Windows API functions.

In 14.5 the Barcode functionality came with a COM object, which works very easily in VB6.  You may want to use the 14.5 toolkit if you are definitely going to program in VB6.

#5 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2007 7:51:15 PM(UTC)

jaideep  
jaideep

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for this info. I will surely try my hands at v14.5. BTW I found a small tutorial for 'Reading Barcodes' in '/Barcode/DotNet Class Library/Raster .Net Class Library Help' in 'Programming with LEADTOOLS' section. I am sharing this info for all of them (like me) who are new to LEADTOOLS and want to implement 'Barcode Reader' application.

Jai

#6 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2007 5:24:00 AM(UTC)

jaideep  
jaideep

Hi Greg,
I have implemented a barcode reader using using Leadtools.dll, Leadtools.Codecs.dll, Leadtools.Barcode.dll, as per given in tutorial. While loading the image I am getting a Raster Exception:{"Invalid file format"}. Part of my code where debugger shows error is:
image = codecs.Load("C:\Project-2\BarCode\barcode1.tif")
Please provide the resolution. I am using ver 15.
TIA.
Jai

Edited by moderator Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:06:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed link to deleted post

#7 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 4:36:25 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

In .NET version 15, Invalid File Format means one of three things:

1. The file is actually invalid.  However, if you can load the same image in one of the precompiled demos, this is NOT the case.

2. You did not include as a reference or copy to your .exe's directory the necessary Codec dlls for loading/saving images.  These follow the format of "Leadtools.Codecs.???.dll".  Check the help file's documentation to see exactly which DLLs you need for each file format.

3. You did not call RasterCodecs.Startup prior to loading or saving an image.