Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 4:25:30 AM(UTC)
ITProjectConsulting

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am working with the .NET OCR API and I have some problem.

1-First of all I read, on the help, that the range of the Confidence member of the class RasterDocumentRecognizedCharacters is 0-100 and that the suggested threshold is 64. Debugging my application I discovered that the Confidence max value is 250. Does nobody know if the help is wrong and which is the correct range and the suggested threshold?

2- In the API documentation I also read that the class RasterDocumentRecognizedCharacters has the GuestCode, GuestCode2 and the GuestCode3. I know the meaning of GuestCode but I wondering about the meaning of the others two.

3- Does nobody know what is the meaning of the SpaceError property of the class RasterDocumentRecognizedCharacters?

Thanks in advance

--Marco

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 10:21:38 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Marco,

1- The value that ranges from 0 to 100 is for the lower 7 bits of the number. This means if you have a value of 200 for example, removing the high bit will result in a value of 72 (200 ANDed with 7F hex)
The high bit has a different meaning. It is not about the character itself, but about its presence in a word. This means if the high bit for a group of characters is 1, the word comprising them is high-confidence.

2- The GuessCode2 and GuessCode3 properties contain a second and third guesses for the character if there are additional guesses after the GuessCode Property.

3- The SpaceError property represents the confidence number expressing the certainty of the Space property. The Space property gives the number of spaces in front of the recognized code character.