Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:33:31 AM(UTC)

Cure  
Cure

Groups: Registered

1. I read something on your main site about Photoshop Filters?  I wanted to clarify, is there any way to execute a 3rd party Photoshop filter within the programs we create?  Here's the plugin I'd like to use:

http://www.alienskin.com/idoc/idoc_requirements.html

Quote:

"Alien Skin, Image Doctor is a plug-in and must be used with one of the following host programs:

Adobe Photoshop 5.5 or later
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 or later
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 6.0 or later
Macromedia Fireworks 4.0 or later "

2. Is there a function to display the difference between two images?  For example, using a competitor's imaging sdk, I was able to compare two images by inverting the colors in one and then merging the two together.  Areas there were the same canceled each other out and appear white, while the areas that were different stood out in color.  Some programs actually call this a "difference" filter.  An example can be seen here: http://www15.brinkster.com/cure1999/

Thanks,

Rob

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:31:59 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Do you use any of LEADTOOLS products?
Do you mean that you need a Photoshop filter that gives you the ability to subtract an image from another image?
If yes, I am afraid that we don't have a ready LEADTOOLS filter to do this.
But if you are trying to do this programmatically using LEADTOOLS functions, please let me know to provide you with the details.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:23:28 PM(UTC)

Cure  
Cure

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the response, it seems I did a poor job of asking my question.  So let me try again.  Please note these are two unrelated questions:

1. Can the Imaging SDK, execute 3rd party Photoshop filters?

2. Is there a function within the SDK that can compare two nearly idencial images and highlight the differences?

To answer YOUR question, I'm currently testing the Raster Imaging SDK COM using VB6.  I'll eventually move to .NET, when I have more experience with the SDK; baby steps.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:17:11 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

1. Our imaging toolkits do not have the ability to use PhotoShop-compatible filters.

2. To compare 2 images, you can use the Combine function with the CB_OP_XOR flag. This will produce black pixels for all identical pixels, and non-black for all different pixels.
There are other steps you could use to improve the result, so if you don't get the exact result you want, send me 2 sample images and how you want the result. If you want to attach files, the forum allows it if you put them in a ZIP or RAR file.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support