Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:02:10 PM(UTC)
Raymond Lee

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I searched some posts that discussed about the barcode scanning in a separate thread and got some source codes on this issue provided by a leadtools user and a leadtools support. I was surprised that I figured out the following two libraries in the source codes:

Dim LEAD As New LEADLib.LEAD
Dim LEADBar As New LTBARLib.LEADBarCode

In the past, I thought I was only able to work with barcode reading .NEt with OCX control provided in leadtools v14.X. But it seems there is another library I can use for this purpose. I have two questions about these two libraries:

(1) Where is the documentation of these two libraries? I only able to find the help file for the OCX barcode control. There is no extra documentation about LTBARLib.LEADBarCode. I think LEADLib.LEAD should be put out of the scope of barcode scanning. But I also want to know more about it.

(2) Are these two libraries thread-safety in multithread operations? Because I found that one follow-up post by leadtools support providing source code on doing barcode scanning in a separate thread in .NET

Thanks for your kind attention,
Raymond

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:21:27 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

LEADLib.LEAD is the LEAD main OCX control.  This is used for loading, displaying, altering images, etc.  You still need to use the LTBARLib.LEADBarCode object for processing the barcodes in an image.

LEADLib.LEAD is documented in the Main OCX help file (LTOCXN.HLP).

The OCX Barcode help file (LTBAROCXN.HLP) is the only help file for COM/OCX barcode capabilities.  Both the COM and OCX interfaces use these Barcode controls.

As far as I know, the LEAD Main OCX control and the Barcode OCX objects are thread safe.