Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:58:17 AM(UTC)

carol  
carol

Groups: Registered

I would like to save some annotations in a PDF file of 3 pages, one in each page. When I open this archive again with the rasterimagexiewer, all of the annotations this in the first page. I am using version 14.5.0.13 with the vs2005.

How can I open the annotations in the correct place??

Thanks

Carol

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2007 7:10:59 AM(UTC)

carol  
carol

Hi,

somebody can help me?
Thanks

#3 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2007 10:41:26 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Of course!  Keep in mind that our forums usually have a turnaround of 1-2 business days.

Are you trying to save one single annotation and apply it to all of the pages or are you trying to have different annotations for each page?

Also, are you wanting to have the annoations burned into the image or editable again when you open them back up?  PDFs do not support annotations embedded in the file (only TIFs can), but LEADTOOLS can save a separate annotation file if you need to have them editable for the next time you open the PDF.

#4 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2007 11:50:28 AM(UTC)

carol  
carol

Hi Greg

I’m sorry for my impatience and my terrible written English, but I am worry about the annotations X PDF files.

I’m trying to have different annotations for each page and I am using the ann separete file for editable annotations in a PDF files.

But when I open the PDF file with the different annotations all are located in the first page.

What I make of wrong?

How can I open the PDF files with different annotations for each pages in the correct places of the pages?

Thanks

Carol

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:03:41 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Here's a demo I wrote recently showing how to do this with TIF files (it will work fine with a PDF).  For you I added the ability to load and save the annotations from a file.  It is written in VB.NET 2003.

Basically, you cannot save the annotations for each page unless you make a new container for each page of the image.  This could take up a lot of memory, so this demo shows how to be much more efficient using the AnnCodecs class.  Each time you change pages, the annotations from the previous page will get saved to an annotation file in a MemoryStream and then it will load the annotations for the next page from the memory stream.
File Attachment(s):