Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 5:00:51 AM(UTC)
rribeiro

Groups: Registered

I have a scanner Fujitsu fi 5120c and I would like to know how to disable the multi feed ultrasonic sensor. Which TWAIN capability should I use?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:15:22 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I am not familiar with this capability, so I do not think that LEADTOOLS has any specific function for it.  You can use the SetCapability function to set any of the capabilities of any particular scanner that has compatible drivers.

If this is a capability specific to your scanner, you will need to check it's documentation or contact the manufacturer for that information.

If it is a standard TWAIN 1.9 capability, then you should be able to find it in the TWAIN 1.9 specifications which are available from their downloads page:
http://www.twain.org/download.htm

#3 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:57:15 PM(UTC)
rribeiro

I’ve found the specification of this capability (Data type, Container type, Return Value, etc), but I don’t know how to use a non standard capability. How can I set the TwainCapability.Information.Type property with a value that is not defined in the TwainCapabilityType enumeration? The type of this capability is 8031 but I can’t set an int value in this property neither create a new TwainCapabilityType with this value. What should I do?

Thank you

#4 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 1:30:58 AM(UTC)
rribeiro

This is the capability:

CAP_EXT_DOUBLEDEEDCONTROL

Ver. 8.11/9.11 or later

0x8031

TWTY_UINT16

Message Container type
MSG_GET TWON_ENUMERATION
MSG_GETDEFAULT TWON_ONEVALUE
MSG_GETCURRENT TWON_ONEVALUE
MSG_SET TWON_ONEVALUE
MSG_RESET TWON_ENUMERATION

Value Definition Operation
0 TWXDF_NONE Not detect
1 TWXDF_DEVICE By Hardware setting
2 TWXDF_OVERLAP Thickness/Overlap detection
3 TWXDF_LENGTH Length detection
4 TWXDF_OVERLAP_LENGTH By both Thickness/Overlap and Length

Return Value Condition Code Definition
TWRC_SUCCESS TWCC_SUCCESS Triplet terminated normally.
TWRC_FAILURE TWCC_BADDEST Source file does not match with that specified
by application.
TWCC_CAPBADOPERATION Undefined container is specified.
TWCC_SEQERROR Sequence to specify this CAP is not correct.
TWCC_BADVALUE This CAP is not supported by specified hardware.
TWRC_CHECKSTATUS TWCC_BADVALUE Undefined value is specified.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:50:45 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

rribeiro wrote:I’ve found the specification of this capability (Data type, Container type, Return Value, etc), but I don’t know how to use a non standard capability. How can I set the TwainCapability.Information.Type property with a value that is not defined in the TwainCapabilityType enumeration? The type of this capability is 8031 but I can’t set an int value in this property neither create a new TwainCapabilityType with this value. What should I do?
Thank you

I think the problem is that 8031 is actually a hex value as you showed in your following post (x8031).  The decimal value of this would be 32817.  This is how you should set the TwainCapability.Information.Type property.

Dim twCap As New TwainCapability
twCap.Information.Type = CType(32817, TwainCapabilityType)

The reason you must use CType is because TwainCapabilityType is an enumeration but your value 32817 does not exist in the TWAIN specs (which we define already in the enumeration as it is).