Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2007 7:17:12 AM(UTC)

Pieter  
Pieter

Groups: Registered

I just started evaluating LeadTools v14.5 (OCX).

When I open a PDF file I notice the quality is not what I would like it to be.
How can I improve that?

It took me some time to figure out how to browse through a multipage PDF. I guess it would be nice (for new users) to see an example of that?

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2007 1:36:17 PM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Pieter,
When PDF files are loaded into LEADTOOLS, they are 'rasterized' or converted from (text/image/drawings) to bitmap images in memory.

You can control the resolution at which this rasterization process takes place by setting the desired values in the PDFXResolution and PDFYResolution properties before loading.
Try to set different values such as 100, 150, 300, etc. and see how they affect loading.

Note that the larger the value, the more memory is needed to load the image.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:32:28 AM(UTC)

cweeks  
cweeks

Groups: Registered

Yesterday, I had a problem where I needed to take a bunch of small PDFs (a mix of group 4 tiffs and jpegs) and string them together into a longer PDF. Is there a way to do that without rasterizing the images and dealing with quality change?

#4 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:46:51 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Using the PDF plug-in of our imaging toolkits, you can only load the images as raster bitmaps and then save them by re-encoding them.
You might be able to load and save without losing quality if the format is lossless, such as Group 4 and LZW.
However, with lossy JPEG compression, loading and re-saving usually introduces some loss of color information, and LEADTOOLS has no way of keeping the original JPEG data of PDF.

We do have functions in LEADTOOLS 14.5 and 15 that move pages between TIFF files without re-compressing them, but we don't have such functions for PDF.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo