Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Format SDK Libraries
The LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server SDK includes tools to stream the Apple HLS format for .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ developers. With only a few lines of code and configuration modifications, a full-featured HLS server can be created to enable audio/video multimedia playback natively on Apple platforms and devices, or through Flash and QuickTime plug-ins on non-Apple platforms.
Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Format Libraries
Apple HLS is a proprietary streaming protocol for delivering live and on-demand content over regular HTTP connections and is part of QuickTime, Safari, macOS, and iOS. HLS works by breaking up streams and video assets into several small MPEG-2 Transport Stream files with various bit rates and index files that serve as playlists for the content. With Apple HLS, the client is responsible for requesting the appropriate playlist based on the current network conditions and client hardware.
- Full support to stream any multimedia file, capture device, ONVIF-conformant camera, UDP, or RTSP stream to clients using the Apple HLS protocol
HLS streams can be played on a wide variety of platforms
- Native playback on any Apple platforms and devices, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc.
- Via third-party Flash and QuickTime plug-ins on non-Apple platforms
- Supports direct HTTP Live Streaming playlists for dynamic bit rate changes during streaming
- Use the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server to easily implement an HLS server
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. This leaves you free to focus on other components of your application. Download the evaluation and start coding to get an idea of how much more streamlined your development will be using LEADTOOLS.
Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Format SDK Platforms and Programming Interfaces
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Format
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.
Online Demo Application that include Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Format SDK Libraries
With only one file placed on the server, the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server framework will stream to any device by automatically selecting the appropriate protocol (Universal Player). Or, you can manually select a player for each of the supported protocols:
- Adobe Flash RTMP
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTML5 Video
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming (SSF)
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)