- Cross-platform DICOM image display and processing on many browsers and devices
- View DICOM images from your local archive or a remote third-party PACS using vendor-neutral DICOM communication, WADO, or DICOMWeb
- Leverage LEADTOOLS Multi-Resolution and Tiled Image technology to view images up to 1TB with a great UX
- Modern and intuitive user interface with customizable dark and light themes
- MVC architecture built with AngularJS
- Extensible Web API services to perform query/retrieve and stream DICOM metadata and image data stored as any format or compression
Fully customizable study and series-level layout, including:
- Adjacent cells
- Any cell location
- Any cell size
- Configurable layout presets
- Empty cells
- Overlapping cells
- Explodable cells
- Row Symmetric and Column Symmetric
- XML layout definitions
Zero-footprint 3D volume rendering
- Client-side display and control communicates rapidly with server-side 3D rendering engine for unparalleled medical 3D display in any modern browser
- Multiple volume types including VRT, MIP, MPR, SSD
- Interactive controls for window level, density removal, offset, scale, zoom, and more
- Settings and options for customizing the volume appearance including border, rotation cube, resolution, and slicing
- Cache 3D volume for faster load times
Comprehensive collection of tools for designing and re-using display layouts
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface to create and store DICOM Hanging Protocols
- Store study and series-level Structured Displays
- Design advanced non-grid layout templates (e.g., FMX 18) usable by DICOM Hanging Protocols and Structured Displays
- Upload to the server directly from the viewer control
- Render encapsulated PDF documents
- Fast, client-side tools such as window level, series stack, image processing, Hounsfield unit, probe, spy glass, shutter, and Cobb angle
- Display 3D reference lines on any series, including optional simultaneous display of boundary lines (first and last)
- 3D cursor for smooth MPR and synchronized stack navigation
- Automated image synchronization to view multiple series based on the image position and orientation
- Various series sorting options
- Split series into multiple stacks
- Load all images without scrolling (Lazy Loading)
- Perform synchronization on two large stacks of the same anatomy
- Apply image processing and manipulation to a single frame or entire series
- Study timeline thumbnail preview with drag and drop support
- Patient laterality, orientation and localization (Patient Projection)
- Display images based on signed and unsigned data
Comprehensive support for DICOM display properties and tags
- Modality & Linear Modality LUT
- VOI & Linear VOI LUT
- Min/Max Value
- High Bit & Bits Allocated
- Photometric Interpretation (Monochrome 1, Monochrome 2, palette color, true color, etc.)
- Overlay text to show patient and study information, metadata with configurable weight/importance, and option to permanently burn overlays onto images
- Client-side caching of image data for fast reloads and network traffic reduction
Collaboration and export options
- Create, load, save, and share annotations as Softcopy Presentation State including Compound Graphic Objects
- Upload annotated and processed images back to server as Secondary Capture
- Save DICOM instances to local archive
- Generate PNG URL direct links
- Screen capture
- Full cine feature set that includes play, pause, first, previous, forward, backward, and loop
- Render DICOM Waveform data sets
- Customizable right-click context menus
- Diagnostic quality status indicator (derived, compressed, normal)
- Application and audit logging interface
- Manage user authentication, permissions, and roles
- Mouse, multi-touch, and gesture input
- Zero-footprint deployment shortens loading times for low-bandwidth clients
- Interface for custom database schemata
- Reduce IT overhead by centralizing the image-viewer maintenance to web servers
- Source code is included; so, you can easily customize and brand as your own
The following are some examples of web browsers that support HTML5 markup:
- Internet Explorer 9 and later
Mobile and Tablet Browsers
- Internet Explorer 10 and later
- Firefox Mobile
- Opera Mobile
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
Download Projects using NuGet
LEADTOOLS provides NuGet packages for .NET Framework, .NET Core, UWP, and Xamarin development.
Download projects that reference our NuGets and start coding right away.
The demand for zero-footprint applications is growing rapidly, especially in the health care industry with the increasing popularity and usage of tablets and mobile devices by health care providers. There are many ways to display DICOM images and communicate with a PACS over the web or intranet in a zero-footprint manner, but not all applications are created equal. Any zero-footprint application must do a significant portion of work at the server, but this typically causes a tradeoff in features and performance for which developers must find the proper balance. LEADTOOLS overcomes these problems with an advanced AngularJS framework that is able to query any PACS and window level and annotate 16-bit grayscale images on an HTML5 canvas.
A zero-footprint Medical viewer with light and dark themes to display DICOM images (pixel data) with window level, density removal, offset, scale, zoom, stack, annotation/markup, and multi-touch support for phone, tablet, and desktop.
It demonstrates zero-footprint 3D volume rendering of multiple volume types including VRT, MIP, MPR, and SSD in the Medical Web Viewer. The viewer does not require browser plugins, desktop utilities, or remote desktop clients and features low resolution and caching options for faster rendering and loading.
Note: If you have your own test images that you would like to upload into the application, contact email@example.com to have a private user profile created.
A zero-footprint dental viewer to display DICOM images with specialized features for dental that include Endo, Perio, Dentin, and FMX layouts. Additionally shows multi-touch support for phone, tablet, and desktop.
- Interactive brightness and contrast display
- Display DICOM information
DICOM Hanging Protocol Overview - LEADTOOLS Web Viewer
DICOM Hanging Protocol is a new feature in LEADTOOLS Version 19 that helps doctors and radiologists save time when viewing studies.
Before digital imaging, Doctors hung film sheets on an illuminator, or light box. Typically, the sheets were printed and hung in specific locations and orders, thus the name “Hanging Protocol." This can be difficult to reproduce digitally, but the DICOM standards define ways of matching and displaying a patient’s images that doctors can configure, reuse, and share.
3D Cursor - LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer
In this video, we will demonstrate the 3D cursor feature found in the LEADTOOLS HTML5, Zero-footprint Medical Viewer. The 3d cursor, also called a 3d localizer, can be used on a study with multiple series captured on different planes and scroll each series so that each image intersects on the voxel represented by the mouse click.
Synchronized Stacking - LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer
In this video, we will demonstrate the Series Synchronization feature found in the LEADTOOLS HTML5, Zero-footprint Medical Viewer. When multiple series on the same plane are loaded into the viewer, Series Synchronization will keep the image slices in each viewer cell in line with each other based on their 3-dimensional location information.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include LEAD's Zero-footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, DICOM Hanging Protocol, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.