The Leadtools.Codecs namespace contains classes with properties, methods and events for loading, saving and converting any type of image file and for getting information about loaded bitmaps. These functions allow you to work with files in memory buffers or at offsets within disk files. Both high and low level functions are provided. It also contains classes that support loading/saving non-image data such as tags, markers, comments and extensions.
The RasterCodecs class is the main gateway to all file format features. Use it to load/save/convert images from disk or memory.
- Get information about the image before loading it.
- Handle file-format specific information, such as the page number or physical resolution.
Acquire low and high level handling of any feature. For example:
- Call a version of the RasterCodecs.Load overloaded method to load all the pages from a disk file into a RasterImage object.
- Use various low level events to monitor image scanlines as they are being loaded.
- Override the operation with your own data, or cancel it all together.
- Load/Save/Convert any type of image file.
LEADTOOLS toolkit ships with many demos that show how to use the various features of the classes in the Leadtools.Codecs namespace:
- The MainDemo shows the common functionality in the LEADTOOLS toolkit. It allows you to load/save images in the various image formats supported by LEADTOOLS. It also shows how to load/save RAW FAX files and user-defined custom image formats using LEADTOOLS.
- The FeedLoadDemo shows how to progressively load an image from a web page or disk.
- The Jpeg2000Demo shows how to load and save images using the JPEG 2000 format.
- The AbcDemo shows how to load and save images using LEADTOOLS Advanced Bitonal Compression format.
- The OpenSaveStampDemo shows how to load and save stamps in JPEG files.
- The PaintWhileLoadDemo shows how to simultaneously load and paint an image.