Detect, read, and write barcodes in images with LEADTOOLS Barcode technology.
LEADTOOLS barcode recognition SDK features fast, highly accurate, and reliable barcode engine that outperforms most hardware-supported barcode read products. This software engine permits fast document scanners to maintain full speed while performing barcode recognition operations on the fly for document-indexing purposes.
The toolkit allows programmers to integrate this technology in their applications in a few lines of code, refer to Barcode Tutorial. Programmers are able to easily add barcode read and write functionalities for more than 100 types and sub-types of linear and two-dimensional barcode symbologies, such as UPC, EAN, Code 39, Code 128, ITF (2 of 5), CodaBar, GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS14), QR, Data Matrix, PDF417, and Aztec.
For background and full details, see Barcode Technology.
For programming with LEADTOOLS Barcode refer to the See Also section below.
LEADTOOLS Barcode technology is included in the Barcode Pro, Pro Suite, Document, and Medical toolkits.
Key Features of LEADTOOLS Barcode Technology
Fast, accurate, and reliable barcode detection, reading, and writing for use in any application or environment
- Large volume document batch processing
- Single and multi-page documents
- Tablet and mobile devices
- Web and Cloud applications
- Read barcodes of any quality at any orientation
- Industry-leading support of more than 100 1D and 2D barcode types
- Utilize camera preview on phone and tablets for real-time barcode recognition and processing
- Multithreaded support for running barcode in high-performance, server-based applications
- Supports color and bitonal (black and white) images
- Easy to integrate into any application with only a few lines of code
- Error-correcting Codes (ECC) provide enhanced accuracy in low-quality images
- Return recognized barcodes with 100% confidence
Comprehensive reporting of the recognized barcode
Automated image cleanup
- Omnidirectional noise removal
Fully configurable recognition engine
- Select which barcode types to search for
- Foreground and background color
- Orientation and rotation angle
- Full page or region of interest
- Integrates seamlessly with LEADTOOLS Forms Recognition and Processing
Does your application require document recognition or conversion, but its implementation language is preventing you
from using LEADTOOLS directly? Consider using the LEADTOOLS Cloud Services instead. The LEADTOOLS Cloud Services is a
high-powered and scalable Web API. Its hassle-free interface can be used to integrate advanced OCR, barcode, MICR,
and document conversion into any application.
Getting Started (Guide to Example Programs)
Programming with LEADTOOLS Barcode Functions
Tutorial: Reading Barcodes
Unlocking Barcode Support
Unlocking Special LEAD Features
Leadtools.Barcode Assembly Changes